Stone driver -CD Cover
Next I drew out a few thumbnails of some design ideas I had.
Typeface
Before starting my design I looked at a variety if typefaces that I could potentially use in my design.
Design 1
Here's a development of my first cover design. I wanted to create something simple and origional. After I created my geometric design I added in the band name just underneath the design.
Design 2
For my second design I took my bird thumbnail, and using the pen tool I traced my drawing. Next I experimented with darker colour tones. With my geometric bird design finished I could add the title to the design. I found that there was a lot of space in the top left hand corner of the design, which was perfect for the type.
Design 3
For my third design I really liked the look of this thumbnail design I drew out, so I traced the shape using the pen tool. After I drew out the design I added my greyscale colour scheme. I really didn't think the black outline worked well with the colours do I took the outline off. This looked much more modern and crisp. Finally I looked at a the positioning of the type and found It fit the best in the top left hand corner.




























No comments:
Post a Comment